Nutrition and Health
Our biggest challenge is responding to the food needs of consumers in terms of accessibility and of nutrition and health, both human and animal. We do this by developing innovative product formulations and supporting our customers’ development, all around the world.
- Meeting specialized nutritional needs, whether for infants or the elderly, and supporting people requiring a specialized diet.
- Adapting food for specific uses.
- Developing high-energy, high-protein foods to support the growing needs of the populations of tomorrow.
- Finding nutritional solutions adapted to chronic illnesses using fibres, proteins and sweeteners (stevia, polyols, etc.).
- Supporting our customers in optimizing the nutritional formulation of their products by developing innovative products and services to meet the nutritional needs of the future.
Examples of applications
Sweet & You
Since 2017, Tereos has been offering its Sweet & You service to its professional grocery, confectionery, ice cream, beverage and pastry customers. With the support of Tereos’s research and development teams, this programme aims to help them rethink the composition of their products, in order to enrich them with fibre or proteins without altering the taste and using 100% natural ingredients, all at a reasonable and affordable cost.
Global demand for proteins is growing and will continue to increase in the coming years. Because of their nutritional and environmental benefits, plant proteins will represent a significant part of this growth. As the world’s second-largest player in wheat protein, Tereos has created Epi&Co, with a range of 100% plant-based recipes. Based on chickpeas and wheat proteins, these plant-based specialities are rich in both fibre and protein, while low in salt and saturated fats. Even better, they are made in France and are sustainably sourced. After almost four years of marketing to the eating-out industry, Epi&Co is now available to the general public as well, with an online sales offering available in either a non-organic or organic version.