Nutrition and Health
Our biggest challenge is responding to the food needs of consumers in terms of accessibility and of nutrition and health, both human and animal. We do this by developing innovative product formulations and supporting our customers’ development, all around the world.
- Meeting specialized nutritional needs, whether for infants or the elderly, and supporting people requiring a specialized diet.
- Adapting food for specific uses.
- Developing high-energy, high-protein foods to support the growing needs of the populations of tomorrow.
- Finding nutritional solutions adapted to chronic illnesses using fibres, proteins and sweeteners (stevia, polyols, etc.).
- Supporting our customers in optimizing the nutritional formulation of their products by developing innovative products and services to meet the nutritional needs of the future.
Examples of applications
Sweet & You
Since 2017, Tereos has been offering its Sweet & You service to its professional grocery, confectionery, ice cream, beverage and pastry customers. With the support of Tereos’s research and development teams, this programme aims to help them rethink the composition of their products, in order to enrich them with fibre or proteins without altering the taste and using 100% natural ingredients, all at a reasonable and affordable cost.
According to ProVeg 2021, an international vegetarian organisation, almost half of European consumers have reduced their meat consumption in 2021/22. To keep pace with this growing progressive trend, Tereos has put all its know-how derived from the processing of agricultural raw materials into developing this new range of plant-based proteins.
The Group launches Ensemble™, a range of plant-based protein products offering clean, simple, sustainable, and versatile plant-based meals for institutional and commercial catering, retail distribution and the food processing industry.